Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 22: I actually REALLY love my camel!

Talk about a complete 180 from yesterday. I attended class at 4:30 with Jessica and it just flew by. It was a pretty solid class. I went in with a positive attitude and a clean slate and took it one breath at a time. The class went so well that I wanted more. I stayed for the 6:30 class with Sheila. I was able to keep up my strength and control my breathing for the majority of the class.

The good news:
I have been trying to get past the mental block that has been preventing me from embracing ultrasana or camel pose. Today in both sets of both classes I was finally able to let go. Just let go and breathe and go in to the posture everytime. I found that it was easier, yet still challenging, to not be afraid and embrace the feelings and emotions that this posture causes than to hold myself back afraid of what I will feel next. For those of you who are not yet Bikram practicers here is what it looks like:



This is one of the master postures in the practice. Being a new Yogi I still have far to go in mastering this, along with the 25 other postures. But today I feel that I made a great step in the right direction as I could see improvement with every new attempt.

Practice makes perfect so I will continue to embrace the feelings and practice!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on your Camel, Terra!!! After this gin and tonic, I'll see if I'm able to do it... J/K... I'm not really drinking... J/K... I am, but I don't think I'll try the camel... well, maybe. I'll let you know how it goes.

Matt and Terra said...

Ha, ha...hope you didn't hurt yourself. I haven't heard from you in a couple of days. I think that you should come to BYTW with me soon and see what its like for yourself!!!