Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day Seven: My first landmark!!!

Today was my first big landmark, seven classes in seven days. I don't do hardly anything every single day except brush my teeth, eat, neccessary things like that, so I am very proud of myself. This morning it was so hard to get out of bed for the 9:30 class, but I reminded myself that this was my seventh class! With that being said, this mornings class went better for me than yesterday as far as soreness and breath control but I went ahead and took it easy on myself anyway. I probably could have pushed a little more but I don't want to burn out my body. After one week I can see improvements in my practice as far as the postures themselves but also the mental discipline it takes in class. I can feel my body getting stronger and my appetite has finally returned for the first time since I've been out of the hospital. This is good news for me.

On a side note, I finally met Karen who's challenge blog I read on a daily basis. I want to thank her again for her posts and encouraging comments. You are like a breath of fresh air (inhaled through my nose, not mouth of course).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

I am so glad I got to meet you. Sorry I was kind of hurried today to get my kids. But maybe some time we can sit and chat. I am so excited for you. It's wonderful to celebrate every milestone. Congratulations on your first week! I will be at 9:30 tomorrow. Hope to see you there!

Namaste!

Shannon said...

Congrats on your accomplishment!!! And cheers to me for remembering how to leave a comment! Can't wait for this weekend. Maybe one weekend I could go to class with you?

Matt and Terra said...

I would love for you to come one weekend. There are classes available on Saturday and Sunday. Just let me know when!